Care for your vehicle graphics like you would any fine paint finish.
Using high quality products designed specifically for car care and these cleaning and maintenance procedures will help keep your vinyl wraps, Decals, and vehicle graphics looking their best.
1. Wash regularly • Wash whenever the car appears dirty. Contaminants allowed to remain on the vehicle wrap may be more difficult to remove during cleaning.
a. Rinse off as much dirt and grit as possible with a spray of water.
b. See item 4, Difficult contaminants, for spot cleaning bird droppings, tar, etc.
c. Use a wet, non-abrasive detergent such as Meguiar's NXT Generation® Car Wash or Deep Crystal® Car Wash and a soft, clean cloth or sponge.
d. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. To reduce water spotting, immediately use a silicone squeegee to remove water and finish with a clean microfiber cloth.
2. Automated car washes Brush-type car washes are not recommended as they can abrade the film and cause edges to lift or chip, as well as dulling the film's appearance. Brush-less car washes are acceptable.
3. Pressure washing Although hand washing is the preferred cleaning method, pressure washing may be used under these conditions.
a. Ensure the water pressure is kept below 2000 psi (14 MPa).
b. Keep water temperature below 80°C (180°F).
c. Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide angle spray pattern.
d. Keep the nozzle at least 1 foot (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (at 90 degrees) to the graphic.
Important Note! Holding the nozzle of a pressure washer at an angle to the graphic may lift the edges of the film.
4. Difficult contaminants - Soften difficult contaminants such as bug splatter, bird droppings, tree sap and similar contaminants by soaking them for several minutes with very hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry. If further cleaning is needed, test one of these products in an inconspicuous area to ensure no damage to the wrap film: Meguiar's Gold Class™ Bug and Tar Remover or 3M™Citrus Base Cleaner. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) (two parts IPA to 1 part water) or denatured alcohol may also help. Spot clean the contaminants. Do not use rough scrubbing or abrasive tools, which will scratch the film. Wash and rinse off all residue immediately.
5. Fuel spills - Wipe off immediately to avoid degrading the vinyl and adhesive. Then wash, rinse and dry as in Item 1 as soon as possible.
6. Store indoors or under cover whenever possible. Wrap films (just like paint) are degraded by prolonged exposure to sun and atmospheric pollutants, particularly on the horizontal surfaces such as hood, trunk lid and roof. Whenever possible, store in a garage or at least in a shaded area during the day. At night, protect the car from dew or rain, which may contain acidic pollutants (a common problem in many large metropolitan areas). When a garage is not available, consider using a cloth car cover at night. If your wrap film starts to discolor or turn brown (which is caused by acidic pollution).
7. We have tested on our own vehicles products from the following companies that we recommend as products well suited to not only extend the life of your vehicle wrap but to maintain that showroom shine your vehicle left our wrap center with.
Vehicle wraps have to deal with a whole range of tough challenges on the road.
The Avery Dennison Supreme Wrap™ Care range is designed to help maintain vehicle graphics in premium condition. It includes a Cleaner, Power Cleaner and Sealant – suitable for all types of vehicle wrap films (matt, satin and gloss).
These easy to use products have been fully tested with all Avery Dennison vehicle graphic films, and are all you need to protect and clean the graphics during their life. They are eco-responsible: being water-based, with no hazardous solvents, and do not require any additional water.
Avery Dennison® Supreme Wrap™ Cleaner
A general cleaning product for regular use – eliminates dust, light dirt, fingerprints and other marks.
Learn how to use the Power Cleaner
Avery Dennison® Supreme Wrap™ Power Cleaner
Extra power to deal with difficult localized stains such as bird droppings, road grime, tree sap and much more.
Learn how to use the Power Cleaner
Avery Dennison® Supreme Wrap™ Sealant
Provides a protective layer on the wrap, making it easier to clean off everyday challenges like dirt, bird droppings and tree sap.
Learn how to use the Sealant
They have a number of products specifically made to clean and protect your vehicle wrap and the rest of your vehicle.
A high performance eco responsible range of waterless car wash and car detailing products alongside the already popular range of low water wash and waxes, leather cleaners, compounds and polishes and many other award winning products. All made wherever and whenever possible, with no petroleum solvents and no listed hazardous ingredients.